- Category: NOTICE
- Description: Combined Task Force 151, Focused Operation 14 to 28 Sept 2017
A Maritime Security Operation will be conducted in areas off the Somali Coast and Suqutra Gap between 14 and 28 September 2017.
Multinational naval units, aircraft and personnel will be operating under the Turkish led Combined Task Force 151 (CTF 151) – Counter Piracy.
The aims of the operation are to:
- Deter, disrupt and deny acts of piracy,
- Understand and Analyse the Pattern of Life in the area, and
- Reassure the maritime community through overt demonstration of presence.
Merchant vessels are invited to interact with naval ships and are encouraged to provide valuable information as requested by CTF 151.
Contributions to better understanding of Pattern of Life by merchant vessels are highly appreciated.
Mariners are reminded to navigate with caution whilst transiting this area.
- Source: Combined Task Force 151
- Any queries regarding this Notice ring 0044 2392 222060 only for further information.
This NOTICE is provided to inform maritime situational awareness for mariners operating in the region.
Emergency Tel: +971 5055 23215